Hey ya'll! Happy Hump Day!!
One of my friends posted on FB a list of 'Things 90's Kids Know/Remember'....and it brought up so many memories, I thought I would share! I was born in the 80’s but definitely had some of my growing pains in the 90’s..
Things 90's Kids Know/Remember....
1. You were convinced your Furby would kill you while you slept
2. You think Mr. Feeney would be the best teacher ever
3. Are You Afraid of the Dark? Still gives you nightmares
4. Teletubbies still creep you out
5. You can successfully insert the Capri Sun straw on the first try
6. You learned how to use your computer before your parents did
7. You came close to administering a lethal dose of cootie shots
8. You were surprised when Lance Bass came out of the closet
9. You say Hakuna Matata to relieve stress
10. You wish Jumanji was a real game
11. You still think your way out of Yoshi Valley in Mario Kart 64 was the fastest
12. Austin Powers is a better spy than James Bond
13. Your parents thought South Park was a shitty influence
14. Free Willy still makes you cry
15. You know every word to The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
16. You use the Clinton definition of "sexual relations"
17. Your scary story is a rip off of Goosebumps
18. You still wonder why anybody would want to be called Scary Spice
19. Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? isn't just a rhetorical question
20. You wish the Magic School Bus was real
21. The ending to the Sixth Sense still surprises you
22. You remember when Kurt Cobain, Tu Pac, River Phoenix and Selena died.
23. You know that "How Rude!" comes from Stephanie from "Full House"
24. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
25. Four Square (and not the i-Phone app)
26. You remember reading "Goosebumps"
27. You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.
28. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after (almost) every sentence...Not...
29. You remember when Super Nintendo became popular.
30. Two words... Trapper Keeper.
31. You never got injured on a Slip 'n' Slide
32. "Miss Mary Mack, Mack, Mack, all dressed in black, black, black, with silver buttons, buttons, buttons, all down her back, back, back....."
33. You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles
34. All your school supplies were "Lisa Frank" brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)
35. You know the Macarena by heart.
36. "Talk to the hand" ... enough said
37. When we called the radio station to request songs to hear off our walkmans.
38. Playing Kickball & Dodge ball until your porch light came on.
39. Decisions were made by going 'eeny-meeny-miney-moe'.
40. Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming 'do over!'
To see the full list, check out the link here.
All images are courtesy of Google Images.